Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday, June 16, 2012

We woke early today, at 6:30, even though we had nothing planned to do. We had breakfast around 8 a.m., then hung around th apt. until about 9:30. I'm moving a little slower than before the PD surgery. I feel the incision (the new one) tugging when I move certain ways. It doesn't realy hurt, but I'm aware of it. I'd lost that sensation from the transplant incision, so I was able to walk at a good clip. Didn't walk after breakfast. We went first to Sprouts, a chain grocery store that bills itslf as a "farmer's market." It has wonderful produce, LOTS of bulk items, including unsalted nuts--got some unsalted pepitas and some dried cranberries. We mostly bought fruit, as we were running low. We have lots of staples and we eat out so often that we don't want to buy any more meat or poultry. After Sprouts we stayed indoors for a while, then headed out to an open house on Littlepage Dr. It's a house built in 1946, not remodeled, selling for $146,000+ The owner died and her heirs are selling it. It is one block north of I-30, in an old neighborhood. The houses have been kept up, at least outside, and the yards are nice. Just one block north, and you are in mansion-ville! I think the area to the north is called Westridge. Don't know whether these little houses will ever be redone or torn down to make room for the mansions--being one block off I-30 makes the area less desireable. Anyway, the house would cost $102 per square foot, which is a lot for something that requires so much work. The closets were teeny in the bedrooms (3) and there was no master bath, just 2 bathrooms in the hallway. There was a garden room, which had indoor flower beds! Actually I really liked that room, which had tons of windows, and could have been a wonderful sewing/craft room. Out in the back yard there was a storage shed, a little greenhouse, and a little workshop. We did not go out to see it. On Monday we are going out to see an open house in far north Ft. Worth, more like one of the cookie cutter houses, but that one has a loft (like Debbie's house in Allen), which could serve as a sewing/craft room. If only the lake house would sell, we could really think about buying down here for a winter home. I'll have a connection to Baylor so long as my kidney is working, so might as well have a place here, so we'll have a place to stay whenever we need to come for checkups, etc. Lunch was at Zoe's Kitchen in the Sam Moon Shopping center (I-35 and Heritage Parkway) in the Alliance Airport area. A quick shopping trip to Sam Moon's, and then home by 4:30, and I'm ready to rest. The outing tired me out. Ramiro is napping, which he now calls "resting his back." We're planning to go to early church tomorrow, then breakfast at Esperanza, a local Mexican restaurant and bakery that we really like. If Connie has a father's day cookout, we'll go; otherwise we're on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment